Dr. Patel and the practices he works at take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.
The following process is in place for making a complaint:
- If you are not satisfied with our service in any way then in the first instance please contact the practice manager at the practice where you have received treatment:
Valley Dental Practice:
Laura Clarke by calling 020 8505 5787
Broadway Dental Care:
Christina Levy by calling 020 8360 1238
- If you contact either of the practices and Laura or Christina are not available, then the person you speak to will listen to your complaint and pass on the details to them as soon as possible. They will then call you back as soon as possible to discuss the complaint.
- Should you wish to make a written complaint then you should do so by addressing your letter to the practice principles, Dr Hardik Patel/Dr. Satin Patel and sending it to either:
Valley Dental Practice, 83 Loughton Way, Buckhurst Hill, Essex, IG9 6AS
Broadway Dental Care, 1 Compton Road, Winchmore Hill, London, N21 3PA
- We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing, normally within three working days.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We will seek to investigate the complaint within seven working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to them on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within seven working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be made to:
Dental Complaints Service
2 Cherry Orchard Road
Other useful contacts include the following should you not be satisfied with the above process:
Care Quality Commission, CQC National Customer Service Centre, Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4PA
The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ (Telephone: 0845 222 4141)
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to customers’ concerns in a caring and sensitive way.